Tuesday 3 July 2012

Day 4 at the Orphanage - July 3, 2012

Okay, my body seems to think that 3:30am is the time to get up...will I ever adjust to the time?  Yes, probably when it is time to go home!!!

After breakfast, we met with the other family adopting from the orphanage and our adoption rep and headed for the orphanage to see baby E again, and for them to meet their daughter for the first time.  The Director and Vice Director weren't there when we arrived, so we all went straight to the babies room for a visit.  Baby E was sleeping.   Everyone took lots of pictures, including ones of the nannies.  Now, I would like to ask their names today and write them down.  The other family was called in to see the Director and soon, M was called in too for more chocolates :)  We slowly followed after and we all visited for a little bit.  Then headed back to see the babies.  Baby E was awake so we had a short visit with him, before it was time to go.

Our adoption rep took myself and the other Mom shopping for baby formula, cereal, yoghurt, diapers, etc.  The Dad's and boys all went back to the hotel for a nice swim.  By the time we got back to the hotel, we were quite hungry and M seemed tired and hungry too.  I considered not going back to the orphanage that afternoon, as I felt M needed a rest, and I had been up for almost 12 hours by then too.  But when M heard that only Dad would be going, he got quite upset and said "we are supposed to go two times, and I want to go.  If I don't, I will miss baby E".  Awwww, okay then.  I said we could go but on promises he would be good, which he did.  The afternoon visit was nice...Ray fed him a bottle before we left and M was able to hold him for a few minutes without him crying.  Every day we make "baby steps" and accomplish new things together, which is nice.

Okay...now I will try to load some pictures.  Oh...the ceremony is to be on July 6th, all going well.  Then we can post a pic of our new family.

This is a picture of the street, with the orphanage at our back.



View from the beach near where we are staying


4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and following along with great excitement and anticipation. Your entries are so detailed and make me feel like I am there with you. They will be a great record of your trip.
    Elizabeth in Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth...your recent post was heart breaking. I hope you will have some positive news soon. Follow your heart and you will know what to do :)

      We are also in YVR.

      Delete
  2. the 6 is in 2 days...and after you will be a For Family.
    Have a good day, we had sent an album with our pictures to our little one, do you saw it ? Could you send a big kiss to T ?

    thank ans good day
    Severine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Severine,

      I haven't seen the album...maybe it's in R's email account. I will check. Will give T hugs for you. Be assured he is getting lots of love :)

      Caroline

      Delete