Friday 8 June 2012

Update from Ontario - June 8, 2012

Well, we are really trying to be patient and let the process happen, but I caved and emailed the Ontario adoption agency this morning for an update.  Apparently, we are now waiting for Vietnam to sign off on our dossier (package of paperwork that we have prepared over the past couple of years).  This should happen soon, and the Director of the Ontario adoption agency is optimistic that we will travel by the end of June.  So this is good news.  We hope to have a travel date soon...it makes it so much easier to plan around an actual date!  Everyone has worked so hard to help us to make this happen and we are soooo very appreciative, and feel lucky to be working with a great team of individuals.  I also want to say a BIG thank you to all of you out there who have emailed us recently to lend your support, congratulations, and suggestions for when we travel.  It has helped us immensely to prepare for our upcoming trip. And, of course, to family and friends who continue to support us through this process, the ups, the downs and all the things in between.  I am so thankful for all of you :)

8 comments:

  1. happy to see you after speak with you today !
    we are waiting for travel with you on this blog.

    kiss from south France
    Severine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much longer now! I will message you privately, when flights are booked :)

      Au revoir, pour maintenant!
      Caroline

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup I'm reading...and as soon as I get past the June rush I'll try to comment more often. Can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I spent 3 months in Vung Tau about 2 years ago, when I adopted my daughter. I loved Vung Tau! If you have any questions, please contact me: catherinejones@uniserve.com My blog: www.ob-la-di.blogspot.ca . Congratulations on your new son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. I will check out your blog and let you know if I have any questions!

      Delete
    2. Catherine - I wasn't able to view your blog. Can you recheck the url? Thanks!

      Delete