Thursday 28 June 2012

Leg 1 of 2 to Vietnam

When we left it was 2am on June 28th. Only 11 1/2 hours later we have landed in Tapei, Taiwan and it is currently 6:40am on June 29th. So, we lost part of a day, but who is counting? We hope to see our baby boy tomorrow, we are so excited. We all slept for over 5 hours on the plane, which was great. Our final leg to Vietnam will only be 2 1/2 hours. That should feel like a breeze. Although we all seem to have developed colds. I am the most congested and the landing was a bit rough on my ears. we will be met at the airport in Vietnam and then head to our hotel, and maybe straight to the pool. At 5am in Taipei, it was already 28 degrees celsius or 82 degrees Fahrenheit! But we will take that over the rain and cooler weather we have been getting lately. We are all looking forward to getting to our hotel, unpacking and having a look around. For now, Matthew has found a little friend who is from Vietnam, and they are playing Star Wars Lego together. His English is very good, makes me wish I knew more languages!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy it! It doesn't last long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! Like so many major things in life - there's so much build up and then the actual event is over so quickly. We will enjoy every minute and will take lots of pictures and journals to help us remember!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you had plenty of sleep on the plane! Enjoy every minute of your adventure to meet your newest addition to your family! Benson is doing awesome although I am sure he misses you all! Looking forward to some pictures!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. Glad to hear Benson is doing well. I'm such a worry wart :). But now that we are here, we are happy knowing he is in good hands. Enjoy this weekend and say hi to my old team! We will be thinking about you guys. I promise to send pics when I can. Maybe we will get some of our trip so far up and loaded tonight. It's 5:15am and M is jumping on the bed. Man I hope we adjust to the time soon!

      Delete
  3. You have been on my mind all day!! So glad you are almost there.....glad to get your update! Looking forward to the next!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Francesca - you have been a tremendous source of support. I know I have thanked you before, but truly, all your emails have been so helpful and so much appreciated. I hope things move along quickly for you. Please do send news as it comes :)

      Delete
  4. what a trip !
    happy to have news. I wich you a wonderful meet with youy new son.

    Severine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Severine. Soon this will be you :)

      Delete